Success Tips from Black CEOs
Hey CEO’s I’m so excited about this weeks blog post! This week I intend to provide you with some real business tips and what better way than to reached out to Black CEO’s across the country. I’ve asked Black business owners to share a business tip they live by and would share with others. Check out these 17 business tips on how to create, build and sustain a successful business.
1. Schedule everything… your calendar will hold you accountable until you get an accountability partner. 2. There are many booking programs available, so you can send a link to those wanting a bit your time. Using this tool saves you the back/forth of finding a mutually convenient time in your schedule. ~Marcia Whyte-Biz of GratitudeSpeak –www.instagram.com/GratitudeSpeak
2. ALWAYS keep your word… people respect honesty. ~ Iesha Petty (I Sell Paparazzi Jewelry $5) – www.ieshapetty.com
3. Credibility is EVERYTHING! ~Monique Huggins – Connect with Monique here.
4. Serve first. The $ will follow. ~ Jennifer Gormer – Connect with Jennifer here.
5. My tip is to practice group economics. ~Phaedra Hill – Connect with Phaedra here.
6. Great customer service goes a long way, whether it’s over the phone or in person! Ensure the customer that they have your undivided attention and they are your top priority! ~ LaWanda Thomas Regal Touch Maid & Cleaning Service and RegalTouchMaidClean on Instagram
7. Having faith in God that he will make you prosperous and bless you, making all things work for you good!! ~TrudyAnn Jones – Connect with TrudyAnn here.
8. Never give up!! No matter how slow or long it takes. Keep believing and keep promoting your Brand. ~Tashae Shae Shae – Connect with Tashae here.
9. Always work on your business, while working in your business. Meaning, we as small business owners, we are working in our business to bring in dollars. For myself, I’m a graphic designer and marketing professional. I find myself working on someone’s logo, website, SEO, etc…, which takes a lot of my time because it brings in money fast. I also take some time to work on my business like revising my business plan, so when I’m ready to promote to investors its updated to a point that I don’t have to write a full business plan. That’s one example. ~Terrie Carter-Porter – Connect with Terrie here.
10. Keep my word and if I can’t keep it communicate how I will handle the situation for my client. ~Anna Hogg – Connect with Anna here.
11. Faith + Consistency. Remove negative people. Do your research. 15-30 minutes of positive energy post and share positive energy. Find Leadership. Be in a state of peace in the present. Never focus on what you don’t have. Present self value at all times. Ass to your direction and purpose. Never speak without value. Provide value. Make everything relatable. Create a controllable environment. Always be open to knowledge. Be resourceful. Be a forward thinker. Be an attentive listener. Create a success funnel. ~Lawrence Manifest Gantt – Connect with Lawrence here.
12. Bookkeeping Tip: Maintaining proper accounting records is imperative to a small business owner – you need to be able to tell at a glance where you stand financially in order to make sound business decisions. ~Carolyn Nobles Rawls Counting Carolyn’s Bookkeeping Services, LLC
13. Understand the importance of branding. Your brand Is how your clients see you. Remember we live in a visual age. Don’t skimp on quality branding techniques. ~MsLady Tran JME Publishing
14. Ask for help! ~Satia Frazier-North – Connect with Satia here.
15. Whatever your find your hands to do, do it diligently – Ecclesiastes 9:10 ~Loretta Petit ***New Orleans CEO C.O.F.F.E.E. – Connect with Loretta here.
16. I live by creating a Time Management Schedule Daily. This helps me stay on task with my business as well as with what I need to do for my family. I write everything into my schedule to block off time just for that specific task. ~Laketta Willis, Image Consulting and Confidence Coach at Makei Beauty Image Consulting
17. Get a mentor. Someone who can pour into you, hold you accountable and challenge you. It will change your life. ~Teanna LaNise, Branding & Marketing Strategist at Kreative Eye Design
Teanna LaNise is a Branding and Marketing Strategist, the BrandSlayer behind Kreative Eye Design and the Author of The Branding Experience among many other ebooks. Teanna helps Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners who can’t figure out how to brand and market their business.
Through her bad ass branding expertise, marketing genius and get it done strategies she’s here to teach, inspire and shake up your approach to creating and marketing a brand you love.
When she’s not using her creative super-powers, you can find her curled up reading a book, at Starbucks enjoying a Carmel Macchiato or spending time with her children.
Meet Teanna, and get ready to take your brand to the next level @www.TeannaLanise.com